Tuesday, November 30, 2010

and they ate.

....and ate, and ate, and ate!!
Thanksgiving is officially over, boo:(, but I think I stretched it out about at long as I could:

-Wednesday my aunt, uncle, and cousins came up from Ft. Myers, and we prepped food all day!!

-Thursday, we woke up early and went to meet Larry's (my step-dad) side of the family at Cracker Barrel for breakfast, and long-time tradition:) Then we spent the rest of Thursday prepping and cooking. My grandparents from Ft. Myers also arrived in the meantime, and it was time to feast:) And feast we did!

-Friday we woke up and went shopping, but not like hardcore Black Friday shoppers, we left at 8:15 and were out until about 4:30. Didn't get too many deals, but got some Christmas shopping done, and finished Jaymes' birthday shopping (which is TODAY:)!).
After we shopped, we went over to my dad's to visit with all the family from his side that came down to visit, his dad and step-mom, and my two cousins originally from Washington State, but now Orlando. I ate some of their Thanksgiving leftovers; amazing. Very fun:)

-Saturday, I went over to Jaymes' house to help his mom, sister, and step-sister prepare for the 30-50 people they were having for THEIR thanksgiving. Very fun, and SOOOOOO much work?! Christine, his step-sister has an eye for decorating as well as Jaymes mom, Kim and sister, Joy, but Christine definitely held the reins to this decorating bonanza, and she ROCKED it. She also spearheaded the cooking, and that was also blown out of the park. I'm blessed to have such talented future in-laws:) After cooking for a very long time, I met up with Jaymes after he got off work and we worked out. 3 days later and I can still feel it! Yikes! Then we went back over to my dad's house to hang out with family again, and we got frozen yogurt for dessert at a new place cleverly titled, The Yogurt Spot. It is VERY yummy, my favorite is the spiced pumpkin flavor and the cheesecake flavor. Mixed together! Then we went back to Jaymes' house and helped with the finishing touches for the night.

-Sunday was pretty much the same thing, but MORE cooking and prepping! All the family came over, and it was so wonderful:)

Quality time is my love language, so holidays are my favorite time of year because I get so much quality time with family and friends, it's ridiculous!

So, while not all of my weekend activities were specifically Thanksgiving, I would say that 4 out of the 5 days were.

So, yes, today is Jaymes birthday! He is turning 21, which is amazing. Mainly because we've been dating since he was 14! This March will mark our 7 year anniversary:) AHHH:) Back to the birthday boy..tonight we are having dinner at his house with his family, and my family. I'll probably be going over after my class to help prepare things, so that should be fun:)

Jaymes' dad came down from Canada to be here for Jaymes' birthday. This is first birthday he's been at in 7 years! And no, there is no correlation between how long Jaymes and I have been together, his dad (Greg) loves me:) Greg has been down to visit many, many times just not really able to schedule it so he could spend Jaymes' birthday with him! And this year it worked out! So tomorrow night just the 3 of us will go to dinner somewhere to celebrate Jaymes birthday, and then Friday we're going to dinner with a small group of friends to celebrate as well. Yay:) Such a wonderful time of the year!!

I hope everyone else's Thanksgiving holiday was splendiferous and memorable!!

~Allyson

No comments:

Post a Comment