Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Baking Wishlist

As I've shared before, baking is one of my most favorite things to do. It doesn't help that I am a very visual person, so when I see a picture of a yumyum treat, I can "taste" (or maybe just imagine:)) the flavors, which gets me inspired to make the recipe I see!

So, this is my running baking wishlist. Most things are from blogs that I have perused after finding them on pinterest (if you aren't following me already GET ON IT! I have some super sonic finding skills. It's like I have a sonar that points me directly to the most delectable things; just click the pinterest link on the right side of the page) or on foodgawker. I apologize for what I am about to do to you, it is so very unfair. Especially when I am preaching to eat healthier and be more aware of what you are consuming on a daily basis. HOWEVER..I am in no way perfect. And this is one of the things that makes me that way..my love of baking! So, enjoy. In moderation, of course:)



This is not a homemade brownie, but the recipe that follows is
the homemade attempt, and has been proclaimed as a pretty close 2nd.
Thank Goodness;)



So, I hope you enjoy this fattening post. Good thing looking doesn't add any calories, because I would be in some serious trouble!

A website that is good for calculating the nutrition in recipes that you follow is Recipe Nutrition. It allows you to type in all of the ingredients and the amounts, the step by step directions, and then it calculates the nutritional value once you finish entering everything. When you create an account, it saves all of the recipes that you enter so if you make it again but forget the nutritional value, you can go back into your account see it. Super convenient!

Coming up is a post on savory dinners that are on my wishlist, as well as some recipes that I have already tried and enjoyed.

Don't forget to go find me on Pinterest:)

Until next time...

~Allyson

No comments:

Post a Comment